Monday, May 21, 2012

Second Chances



Being my first time blogging, and the fact that I find technology leaving me behind I have found this to be very taxing on the brain cells.  I guess that is a good thing; this may be a way to prevent dementia from setting in!  I am hoping that all my younger blogger friends send me tips and helpful hints along the way.


I have spent the last two years in a whirlwind of personal turmoil, and as a spectator watched many friends’ battle demons of their own.  I have learned many lessons along this journey, and do not regret it for one second.  The most important lesson I have learned is that people do not always have the same values, opinions, or priorities as I.  I also learned that there will always be people who have different opinions, could care less, and still feel the need to judge, slander, and just be downright hurtful.  This is all the while claiming their virtuousness in this unchristian like behavior.  This saddened me a great deal, but again it is not my battle to fight.  I know the Lord is my Guardian, and will protect me from all evil.


2 Thessalonians 3:3

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

After spending the last several months on a personal journey of physical and mental healing, I know I am ready to move on into a new chapter of my life where happiness is abundant.  This may draw me away physically from people I care most deeply about, but I also know this will also draw us much closer together.

Psalm 109:4 and 109:5 speaks volumes in regard to the number of false friendships we will encounter in a lifetime, but only one true friend Jesus Christ will never forsake you.  The bible teaches us many lessons on love and friendship, but do we truly listen?  Do we hear what is being asked of us?

I am truly blessed to have met wonderful, endearing people over the years who I can undeniably call a friend.  They love me unconditionally, as I love them.  We do not judge, blame, or accuse.  We accept.

I bid my final goodbye to the victim, and bow to the return of the warrior within.

“The bows of the warriors are broken, but those who stumbled are armed with strength.” 1 Samuel 2:4



Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment